[Gambas-user] Keeping repositories up to date

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:15:51 CEST 2020

Hi Cedron.
If you were interested i have just updated the raspberry-pi compile info on
the gambas wiki page to include buster...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/raspbian#t20

I've adjusted the listed packages to be correct for Raspian 10 (buster) and
have successfully tested it out by running it on a freshly set up RPI-4.

Now yes it takes a while because the RPI is pretty slow. (my packages have
installed but it's still running ./reconf-all at mo but no errors so far)
it'll be faster if you've copied the OS to a usb3 stick and configured to
boot from that in your /boot/cmdline.txt file.

Although it is "time lengthy" i wouldn't call it "time consuming" as it's
only a few commands, they just take a while to complete so get the kettle
on or watch a film innit :) lol

Ps. if you have Gambas already installed from the repositories you'll need
to uninstall it first with...
$ *sudo apt-get purge gambas3**

Good luck :)
Bruce Steers