[Gambas-user] Opening Pipes (avoiding lockup)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 19:50:47 CEST 2020

Le 04/10/2020 à 14:04, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> I don't think this post even warrants a reply now as I was thinking i
> was doing something wrong when opening a pipe but it seems not, the pipe
> did lock and now it doesn't so problem solved in that respect. (Nice one
> Benoit)
> It just leaves a backward compatibility issue that with the echo trick
> i've used resolves the issue i guess.
>
> Cheers all
> Bruce Steers

You did something wrong actually, because the old behaviour was the
default one provided by Linux.

It's only by playing with pipes in 3.14.90 that I noticed the default
behaviour was not useful, so I dropped it to the current one.

Note that your trick is welcome for older versions. It could be a notice
in the wiki!

Benoît Minisini