[Gambas-user] Greetings

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:46:33 CEST 2020

On 3/10/20 8:25 pm, Bruce Steers wrote:
> I've been helping with the master debugging of late.
> Helping and wasting Benoit's time reporting bugs that are not bugs but my
> lack of knowledge lol:)
>
> So i'm wondering if i've joined the right list here.

Yes, we are here to help, explain and dispute anything that is Gambas
related.

> I was hoping for a place to talk about the IDE developement and maybe ask
> some questions related to one of my apps that's a gambas project manager
> that deals with various IDE settings.

There used to be another list specifiacally for development of Gambas
itself but nobody read it ( sorry guys :-) )
Maybe it is still there? I don't think so. Anyway...

Yes, you can talk about it here. But see below...

> And discuss first maybe if i've found a bug or am an idiot;)
> Basically a first call place to ask about things before bothering Ben as i
> can only imagine how busy he is.
> Or should i be on another list for that?

One thing.
Try to keep to exactly 1:1 topic in posts. We are all guilty (well
some/most of us anyway) of hijacking, drifting, diversifying and
dismangliing threads. Such that a general question like "how do I fix
the IDE, it does a,b,c and d when I want it to do q,r and s is rapidly
going to become unfollowable. So, the more mail the better as long as it
is dingle topic and follows the suggestions in the netti-thingo in the
footer.

best regards
bruce ( a different one!.

p.s yes the packager code is a &*^@#! !!!