[Gambas-user] a lot if crashes

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:19:09 CET 2020

I've had similar problems with gambas recently. so you are not the only one.
for a week or so , seems to have gotten worse and worse.
also finding software i'm writing will start to misbehave / work wrong till
i reboot
also finding lots of folders in my /tmp/gambas.1000 directory after a long
coding session.
again better after a reboot.

I'm not sure gambas is cleaning up it's mess, tmp stuff and memory
addresses, etc.

last night i started getting a gbx3 circular reference error (the ide had
crashed more than once). and my app stopped working. rebooted and problem
gone.

its got a few issues at present. some big changes often cause big problems.
i find (and have for a while , and reported bug) i cannot use right-click
to pop up the menu on controls in my app in the IDE when it first loads..
Right click does not work until i hit Ctrl-C on the keyboard  !!
now that's a weird bug and a sign there is some things quite wrong with the
IDE at present.little glitches like that here and there.
Ooh , after saying that todays daily just fixed that issue :)  whoop whoop,
been happening for a long time that bug. :)

> Any reasons?
it's the experimental development version of gambas. there's bound to be
bugs. hopefully not too many to make it unusable though.
That's our job as beta testers, find bugs and report them. :)

BruceS