[Gambas-user] a lot if crashes

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:09:17 CET 2020

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020, Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas wrote:
> Hi,
> lately Gambas crashes all the time.

By "lately", are you implying that you compile yourself regularly?
What kind of crashes do you get? Is it a segfault or a Gambas error?

> If I am lucky, I manage to save the latest changes before it goes,
> Especially when I make replacement (Ctrl-F)

So it is only the Gambas IDE that is crashing? I suspect it is a
Gambas error then? One thing you should definitely do is open the
IDE as a project inside the IDE and run it until it crashes. Then
you will be able to see what the error is, where it comes from and
give us a backtrace.

If you know a Gambas version without the crashes, for example the
latest stable, you might even be able to use `git bisect` to pin-
point the commits that introduced the underlying bug. Do you know
how to do that?

Best,
Tobias