[Gambas-user] shell highlighting on non beta gambas

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 01:44:57 CET 2020

On 19/11/20 10:08 am, Bruce Steers wrote:
 > haha fair point.
 > And I fully understand my friend but I think you overestimate the
public's
 > ability or desire to get the latest beta on their systems. I don't.
 > Even the stable version, for a lot if it's not in Synaptic it won't get
 > installed.
 > I'm thinking of the user not the programmer here. I think most with an
 > ability to get into gambas programming will also have the ability to
 > upgrade. But we are not taking into account the average idiot

(That is as far as I read.)

Bruce,

As a developer and a user I do not, repeat DO NOT, want new features
backported into gambas stable versiuons ever, repeat EVER!

Critical emergency bug fixes maybe, but fully under BM's control and
very largely highlighted if it were ever needed.

IMHO Your whole concept of backporting Gambas is ludicrous. very few
linux applications need to support multiple versions with backporting.
In fact the only one I can think of is postgresql. Maybe the kernel
development group should backport eveerything from 5.9.4 to 1.0.0 just
because someone might need it.

You have the means to backport Gambas if that is what you personally
desire. As you said "do it youself".

regards
bruce (the small b one for people who might think this is self addressed).