[Gambas-user] Thoughts on new debug with command line parameters

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 10:51:34 CEST 2020

On 30/5/20 6:07 pm, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Am 30.05.20 um 10:05 schrieb Brian G:
>
>> I don't think I am enamored with the new debug with parameters process.
>> When I am working on a module that takes command like parameters and am
>> debugging it. Having to click three times for every round of testing is
>> a little annoying. Why has this been changed.
>> It was great for debugging the old way, set it and just go till done
>> with debug session.
>>
>> Feels more like work the new way.....
>
> I agree. If we were able to select (or deselect) the argument in the
> form 'Run with arguments' that had to be run automatically when F5 was
> hit, that would be a lot better.
>
> But I find the new dialog to be a great improvement over the old one,
> with which I despaired a couple of times. Also that it's not in the
> 'Project' dialog any more is a great improvement for me.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

This is an aside comment! And is not meant to be inflammatory in any way.

Linux command line terminology is that a command has "options" and
"arguments". Options are indicated by a flag e.g. -p (which can have a
value attached e.g. -pH. Arguments are the things parsed after all
options have been processed eg cp FileA ~/FileB.
  The gambas command line parser "gb.args" handles them according to
this convention.
Please guys it makes it hard to understand exactly what you mean if you
mix these terms up.

nai
bruce