[Gambas-user] How to call a function in a startup loaded module from a plugin loaded at runtime?

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 01:57:38 CEST 2020

(Inline)

On 24/5/20 9:03 am, Brian G wrote:
> Is it possible to call a function from a module at runtime that was not originally linked?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that this is how the GUI switchers and the database
switchers work.

> I am trying to call a function in a module loaded at application startup from a plugin compiled and loaded at runtime.
Not quite sure what you mean here. What's a "plugin"? What do you mean
by "compiled and loaded"?

> I can see the modules i want to call the function in, in the list of classes.
How are you "Seeing" this list of classes? From within the code itself?

> But if i try to access the function in the class it says not found, how to find the object or such that is the module I want to call the function in?
What is "it" that is saying "not found"? In fact what is the full
message? I can't understand the last half of this sentence at all.

We can't guess your code.Which makes it hard to be helpful.

rgrds