[Gambas-user] Coming back to gb.test

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:30:15 CEST 2020

Le 05/05/2020 à 16:45, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Am 06.04.20 um 14:19 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>
>> But as soon as everything is written in Gambas and depends on no
>> specific component, you can put everything in the same project, while
>> keeping the separation between the 'gb.test' code and the 'gb.test.tap'
>> code.
>
> Ok it is done so far. We merged all into gb.test.
>
> gb.test works and can be used and tested by everyone. Here's how it goes:
>
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/blob/master/comp/src/gb.test/README.md
>
> We have reached the point where the machinery is running. It lacks a few
> things which can be read here (and should be done for 3.15):
>
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/blob/master/comp/src/gb.test/taskell.md
>
> The point "Decide where Skip, SkipAll, Todo reside" still keeps it in
> alpha state until these interfaces have found their place. But overall
> the duty is done, just the freestyle is missing (aka GUI, integration
> into the IDE) but I think we can leave that to Gambas 3.16.
>
> My experience is that you have to work with it for a while before you
> get the beauty and ease of programming with this system. So please try
> it out and have fun with it.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Hi,

'gbt3'should be removed in its current form: it has too many hacks
(recompiling the target project!) that do not work in all cases.

First, support for running 'Test.Main(<test list>)' directly in the
interpreter must be added.

I will do that and tell you.

Then 'gbt3' will be able to be rewritten correctly (and with less lines
of code).

Benoît Minisini