[Gambas-user] Let me ask you a question about Git and GitLab

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:11:19 CET 2020

Il giorno lun 9 mar 2020 alle ore 09:40 Christof Thalhofer <
chrisml at deganius.de> ha scritto:

> Hello Gianluigi,
>
> please quote only relevant things ... and not all ever happened.

OK sorry

> Am 08.03.20 um 23:07 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
> > sorry I'm late, but I did a thousand tests based on your suggestions
> > These are the last commands given:
> > $ git clone git at gitlab.com:GianluigiOr/gambas.git
>
> Uh, I didn't know you are working with your own forked repo. This makes
> it more complicated, and I doubt, that we could solve it by mail easily.
> There are three repos involved, I believe:
>
> upstream: https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git
> origin: https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas
> And the one on your computer.
>
> Can you paste here the output of:
>
> git status
>
> $ LANG=C git status
On branch italian-traslations
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/italian-traslations'.

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

modified:   app/src/gambas3/.lang/it.po

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

I also add:

$ git branch
* italian-traslations
  master

> And the content of .git/config in the Gambas directory on your computer.

Content of .git/config:

[core]
repositoryformatversion = 0
filemode = true
bare = false
logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
url = git at gitlab.com:GianluigiOr/gambas.git
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
remote = origin
merge = refs/heads/master
[remote "upstream"]
url = https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
[branch "italian-traslations"]
remote = origin
merge = refs/heads/italian-traslations

> > This is the current situation on my remote:
> >
> https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas/-/commits/65dd322acf1f6e66c4b4db6ebf7fda488a29c092
>
> There are two branches:
> italian-traslations and italian-translations

I am an idiot, I await your instructions before making things worse :-(

Regards
Gianluigi