[Gambas-user] Let me ask you a question about Git and GitLab

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 23:07:54 CET 2020

Il giorno sab 7 mar 2020 alle ore 23:41 Christof Thalhofer <
chrisml at deganius.de> ha scritto:

> Am 07.03.20 um 14:21 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
> > Il giorno sab 7 mar 2020 alle ore 01:03 Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com
> > <mailto:bagonergi at gmail.com>> ha scritto:

> > After solving various conflicts and pulling "italian-translations" this
> > is my situation on my remote:
> > gian at gian:~/gambas$ LANG=C git status
> > On branch italian-translations
> > Your branch is ahead of 'origin/italian-translations' by 497 commits.
>
> Hmm, this looks a bit weird.
>
> >   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
> >
> > Changes not staged for commit:
> >   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> >   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> directory)
> >
> > modified:   app/src/gambas3/.lang/it.po
> >
> > no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
> >
> > See also here gitk image https://paste.c-net.org/WalkmanLeveled
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to proceed?
>
> In situations I do not understand any more I do this:
> (be careful, not tested!)
>
> I copy the whole workdir to another place to backup my work.
>
> $ cp -r ./gambas /var/tmp
> (be careful, not tested!!!!)
>
> Then I do
>
> $ cd ./gambas
> $ git stash
> to put my changes out of the way
>
> Then I checkout an older version, for instance
> $ git checkout bfc455070e9b94dd7
>
> Then pull
>
> $ git pull
> $ git checkout master
>
> -------------------------
>
> Now there is the current version on the computer.
>
> -------------------------
>
> After that you can copy the backup over this version, then commit and
> push your changes as usual.
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer
>
> --
> Dies ist keine Signatur

Hi Christof,
sorry I'm late, but I did a thousand tests based on your suggestions
These are the last commands given:

$ cd ./gambas
$ git clone git at gitlab.com:GianluigiOr/gambas.git
$ cd ./gambas
$ git stash
$ git checkout 0a63c136765a50bb92c9c37972f05a638dfed753
$ git pull (ERROR)
You are not currently on a branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details.

$ git checkout -b italian-traslations
$ git pull --rebase origin/master (ERROR)
$ git remote add upstream https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git
$ git pull --rebase upstream master
$ git status
$ git checkout -- app/src/gambas3/.lang/it.po
$ exit
MAKED TRANSLATIONS
$ cd ./gambas
$ git status
$ git add app/src/gambas3/.lang/it.po
$ git commit
$ git push (ERROR)
$ git push --set-upstream origin italian-traslations

This is the current situation on my remote:
https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas/-/commits/65dd322acf1f6e66c4b4db6ebf7fda488a29c092

I noticed that the italian-translations branch is no longer on origin

This is the last gitk:
https://paste.c-net.org/StubbornPhoebe

Regards & Goodnight
Gianluigi