[Gambas-user] No mouse event data??

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:55:05 CEST 2020

Le 01/06/2020 à 15:41, Tony Morehen a écrit :
> While this change broke programs of mine that have worked for years, I
> agree that the fault was mine.  The click code should be restricted to=2
> code that runs for any click event.
>
> However, I wonder about the event sequence: MouseDown, MouseUp, Click,
> Menu.  Shouldn't Menu happen before Click?  That way your Menu handler
> can use Stop Event to prevent Click, ie the specific event handler tells
> the general event handler that the event has been handled.

"Menu" is a mouse event, but not "Click". It is actually higher level,
and its behaviour depends on the specific control implementing it.

For example: ComboBox "Click" event is raised when you change the Index
property by code. No mouse involved here.

So making assumptions on how "Menu" and "Click" events interact is very
risky!

Benoît Minisini