[Gambas-user] Install on ARM64 under Arch or Manjaro

james at lixce.com james at lixce.com
Sun Jul 26 20:58:48 CEST 2020

Found a howto on Gambas-One which also appears on the Gambas Wiki.  Tried to respond on Gambas-One but I am not smart enough to figure out the whole Gambas Wiki vs Gambas-One Forums vs Gambas-One the website so I will post here and maybe someone can make use of the information.

The directions on Gambas-One and Gambas Wiki no longer work because abs has been deprecated and no longer exists including the web-side infrastructure to make it work.

Here is what worked for me on a ROCKPro64, will be copying the packages to a PineBook Pro later today after I destroy the debian install on that (which by-the-way gambas3 installs from SID and works fine but I am an Arch user)

Build Gambas on Arch (Mangaro) ARM for ROCKPro64 and PineBook Pro

Refs:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System
https://wordpress.gambas.one/2017/01/03/install-gambas-on-arch-linux-arm/ (partly depricated)
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/archlinux

Install Base development files:
	sudo pacman -S base-devel

Install asp:
	sudo pacman -S asp

Retrieve the PKGBUID:
	asp checkout gambas3

Modify PKGBUILD:
	replace "arch=('x86_64')" with  "arch=('aarch64')"

Install dependencies (list is at Ref #3 but remove qt4 and add gmime3):
	sudo pacman -S --needed alure autoconf automake bzip2 coreutils curl dbus gcc gdk-pixbuf2 git glew glib2 gmime gmime3 gsl gst-plugins-base gstreamer gtk2 gtk3 gtkglext imlib2 intltool libffi libgnome-keyring libmariadbclient librsvg libsm libxcursor libxml2 libxslt libxtst mariadb make mesa ncurses pcre pkg-config poppler-glib postgresql postgresql-libs qt5-svg qt5-webkit qt5-x11extras sdl2 sdl2_gfx sdl2_image sdl2_mixer sdl2_net sdl2_ttf sdl_mixer sdl_ttf smpeg sqlite unixodbc v4l-utils xdg-utils zlib

Make the packages in the same dir as PKGBUILD:
	makepkg
	(took 1 hour and 20 minutes on ROCKPro64 4GB RAM)

Install packages: sudo pacman -U *.xz

Enjoy Gambas on ARM

-j