[Gambas-user] String array items filling ComboBox gives unexpected, Click event with Index value of -1 and invalid Max property

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:15:54 CEST 2020

Interesting discussion about email 'suppliers. I'm thinking about moving
from gmail because of use of labels, rejection of tar.gz (or perhaps
contents). I've looked at various ones and one that looks best to me is
mailbox.org. I've signed up for a 30 day free trial period. After that
it's €1 per month which allows 3 email addresses. It's fast response on
both Thunderbird and browser. And the Browser method is more intuitive
than gmail's. I'm waiting to hear from them about use of Thunderbird
Lists (in the Address Book) which allow bulk emailing: I don't do much
but it's very useful. Currently, I use the Thunderbird extension tbsync
for synchronisation of Address Book, Calendar & Tasks. I used to use
gcontactsync for Address Book, but Google changed something and it
stopped syncing properly. tbsync works well and is fast. mailbox,.org
are based in Berlin and only uses servers in the EU (or maybe only in
Berlin). I like the idea of being under the 'rule' of the GDPR. I'd be
interested to know if anyone else has had experience of mailbox.org.
PS even though Britain has left the EU, I'm hopeful that we'll rejoin
when the coming disastrous effects are fully felt which will be fairly
soon in 2021. Perhaps I shouldn't introduce politics into this user list!