[Gambas-user] How to specify a string constant in an Exec statement

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:36:14 CEST 2020

I want to have a command's parameter containing double quotes characters
(at the start & end) in an Exec statement.

Running in Terminal, the line would be
get-iplayer ".*" --type=TV

My Gambas equivalent code for the above is:
Exec ["get_iplayer", "\".*\"", "--type=TV" To sOutput
where sOutput is a string. However, this does not work. I've tried
omitting the 2 lots of \" but that doesn't help.

PS if you want to install get-iplayer (latest version 3.26) to test this
out, I suggest running in Terminal (on Ubuntu):
snap install get-iplayer

John