[Gambas-user] Exec Command Problem

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:35:48 CEST 2020

On 7/8/20 8:32 AM, John Rose wrote:
> Jesus,
>
> No need to apologise for hijacking my thread. It's been an interesting discussion about indentation etc.
>
> I've still got the "Exec Command Problem" (as sent on 5/7/2020). Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> John

I had to go to the Mailing List User Archives to find the message to which you refer in order to recall just what you are
talking about. I first looked in the May archives. Nope. Fifth of July.
https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2020-July/069593.html Correct?

Try removing Wait from Public Sub getiplayerMessages_Read() (Line 43).
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/wait :
"If you call WAIT from an event handler, you may create infinite recursions, and then stack overflows."

And with Exec, each separate string of the command line should be a distinct array element as if it was Split on the space
character:
Exec ["get-iplayer", ".", "--Type=TV"] Wait For Read As "getiplayerMessages"

With those two changes, I got exactly the same in the app as I did on the command line.

--
Lee