[Gambas-user] How to use a virtual class in gambas

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sat Jan 25 05:11:33 CET 2020

Thanks for your reply Christof and no I did not know about our search engine!

Ok After reading from the thread, and searching for other Ref. I see in my understanding that
unless I am writing C++ there is in fact no real virtual class[interface] to underlying classes/Object.

I looked into the ARRAY class and see that the .Array.Bounds class is used a

GB_PROPERTY_SELF for that object .

I am trying to create a class which inherits array cant seem to get the bounds working...

Am I missing something.. or is there actually a way to use virtual gambas classes.

Maybe I don't understand how to link the virtual object to the underlying real object. and return
it from a call to a read property.

I am trying to keep everything in Gambas itself.

Thank You
Brian G