[Gambas-user] Gambas on Windows

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Fri Jan 24 10:43:48 CET 2020

Am 23.01.20 um 22:35 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 23/01/2020 à 17:46, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Martin,
>>
>> this is what I achieved up to now:
>>
>> - Installed WSL
>> As I was asked to do it under Admin rights, I did so. Maybe it was no
>> good idea, as up to now I can run the whole thing as Admin only. The
>> easy point-and-click method Dmitry told us does not run yet / runs
>> only under this limitation.

> Hi,
>
> Once you have a clean procedure of all that, it will be cool to create a
> page on the wiki: "How to install Gambas on Windows", "How to run a
> Gambas program on Windows"...
>
> Regards,

This morning I found the explanation for the Admin-only problem: The
whole WSL was installed under Admin's directory, so it's Admin's program.

I guess I misunderstood "install as admin" and it should have been
"install under admin rights".

Maybe I find some time later this day to redo it under the ordinary
user's account (with admin rights), or I must postpone it to next week.

The other problem is more difficult - finding a network connection to
our server (or: to the server's directory with the data). Using mount
with the Windows resource (\\192.168.67.1) only yields "unknown
filesystem type". So there there seems to be no abstraction layer that
would translate the Windows network drive into a mountable Linux drive.

My trials with sshfs failed yesterday - must find a quiet hour to dive
into it somewhat deeper.

Regards
Rolf