[Gambas-user] Future of webform component

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 15:23:44 CET 2020

Le 01/01/2020 à 14:41, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> I have had to substantially alter the project to make it work, I have
> many doubts according to my poor understanding of the request vs. the
> response:
>
> If all the data is transferred with pipelines, this implementation is
> not scalable as such, I do not understand as for example, php that is
> interpreted is so fast and popular instead of gambas, which is what
> makes php faster, we know that php It does not run on threads.

The idea is precisely not to do like php and others.

I want to be able to make web applications that work like client /
server applications communicating through a terminal.

In that case, the browser is the terminal, it displays things and send
events to the server.

It's scalable with the number of processes your server can handle
simultaneously. But each process runs only to handle a request.
Otherwise it sleeps (so it does not use CPU at all, and it can be
swapped if needed).

What this little quick & dirty example does not show, is that some
requests do not need to handle by the session process (which can handle
one request once): all static ones, like css, images, and so on.

I will try to publish a gb.web.form2 very early component soon, maybe it
will make things clearer.

--
Benoît Minisini