[Gambas-user] Questions about gb.test and gb.test.tap

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:10:31 CET 2020

Le 25/02/2020 à 08:30, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Am 25.02.20 um 02:01 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>
>> I don't see the point.
>>
>> Imagine the IDE with a "test" toggle button.
>>
>> Once the toggle is on, either you run the project with F5, and then you
>> run the full project in test mode just to get the full result, either
>> you run it in the debugger, and then you can debug your test code and
>> find why it crashes.
>
> I do not want to run the "full project in test mode" while I am
> programming. I have projects that need two minutes to test. So I just
> want to test one single testmethod while I work.

So, in test mode, the IDE must provide an interface to choose which test
we want to run.

Can we assume that a "test" is a full module, or do we have to be able
to choose one method in the test module?

Could we use help commentaries in the test modules to define the display
name of the tests?

--
Benoît Minisini