[Gambas-user] Questions about gb.test and gb.test.tap

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Feb 25 08:30:53 CET 2020

Am 25.02.20 um 02:01 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> I don't see the point.
>
> Imagine the IDE with a "test" toggle button.
>
> Once the toggle is on, either you run the project with F5, and then you
> run the full project in test mode just to get the full result, either
> you run it in the debugger, and then you can debug your test code and
> find why it crashes.

I do not want to run the "full project in test mode" while I am
programming. I have projects that need two minutes to test. So I just
want to test one single testmethod while I work.

At the end I need "full project in test mode" before deployment to
ensure that I did not destroy sth by accident.

> So 'gb.test' does not have to catch test code errors. The TAP syntax is
> done so that a test can just crash, and it will be detected by the TAP
> analyzer.
>
> Or did I miss something?

Ah, maybe I am wrong. I am not sure if I answered to things I fear and
not things that are imagined by Tobi.

Let's prove. We have Git and a large playground. As long as I can test
one single testmethod and step through test code and tested code I am
quite satisfied.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--