[Gambas-user] gb.test

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 16:04:19 CET 2020

Le 22/02/2020 à 14:42, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> If I add support for test modules in the IDE, would you use it first?
>
> The idea is that every source file with 'test' extension is a module,
> except that the compiler will generate a list of these modules in a
> file, so that the interpreter and/or the 'gb.test' component
> automatically get all test classes.
>
> Of course, it means that a test module cannot have the same name as any
> other source file.

OK, support for test modules has been added in the compiler, the
archiver and the development environment in the last commit.

Now we should link that to how gb.test works (if there is something to
do), and add an option to the interpreter that tells him to run the
tests (some of them, all of them...).

That option can just be a string that is sent to an hardcoded 'gb.test'
method that will interpret it and do the job.

Is it possible to add to the IDE a button that run the tests and display
the result in a nice GUI, provided that the text returned by the test is
in a standard format? (I think then that the test output cannot be sent
to the standard output or the error output of the process).

Benoît Minisini