[Gambas-user] Updated Scripter to allow Lib to be included

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 14:00:06 CET 2020

Le 22/02/2020 à 01:06, Brian G a écrit :
> Fabien
>
> I attach a copy of Scripter which allows the inclusion of Libraries into
> the compiled application.
>
> This is done with the use of the Lib directive eg. lib "company.diadic"
>
> After investigation about compiler, It will allow a full path name for
> libraries. so I have changed it to to search
> .local/gambas&version/lib/name&".gambas" and
> /usr/lib/gambas&version/lib/name&".gambas", as well as just use the
> provided name&".gambas"
>
> This seems to work and execute correctly.
>
> Would you be able to review this fits with your original design and if
> so I will submit this change for merge.
>
> I am worried about dependencies although it seems to work in my testing
> so far.
>
> Thank You
> Brian G

Hi Brian,

1) Why did you make three merge requests? What should I do with them?

2) Why do you introduce a new keyword "LIB"? (That is not actually a new
keyword until the compiler supports it). Why don't you use the "USE"
keyword instead?

3) Why did you replace « Exec ["md5sum", $sPath] To $sMd5 » by « Shell
"md5sum " & $sPath To $sMd5 » ? Which is by the way false as you don't
quote the '$sPath' argument.

4) If you want to concatenate path elements, you have to use the '&/'
operator.

5) Why did you call the option "--warn" and not "--warnings" as in the
compiler?

Benoît Minisini