[Gambas-user] Stock

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:46:46 CET 2020

On 31/12/20 3:52 am, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Well :-D
>
> I want to use a real icon based in the icons system location and
> taking theme into account :-).
>
> But I don't remember If i've donne something about this case in the
> past ... so far :-/
>
> Le mer. 30 déc. 2020 à 18:06, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> I use Stock class
>>
>> hPic = Stock["icon:32/media-floppy"]
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 16:38, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is someone remember how to reach a specific icon in the linux stock ?
>>>

>>> for example
>>> hPic = Picture["icon:/devices/media-floppy"]
>>>
>>> If not I need to re read the code :-/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fabien Bodard
>>>
>>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----

No.
The Stock component only knows how to get the icons defined in the
"Gambas icons list" which are defined in a map file inside the component.
You would have to
1) Get the Application.Theme
2) Locate the theme directory in /usr/?/?/icons (depends on distro)
3) Decipher how the theme developers have structured that directory
4) Find your icon.

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/latest/index.html
ha the definitive standard, but few theme developers adhere to it.