[Gambas-user] BSD gambas compile

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:57:08 CET 2020

Le 30/12/2020 à 14:01, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> so i manually copied the |*trunk_version.h* from another folder to main/
> and then the compiler got through that part.|
>
> Now it's failed saying sys/sysmacros.h not found.
>
> So far i'm seeing this when it comes to gambas working on BSD...
>
> |No Gambas3 on BSD repositories.|
> |Dependency list on wiki well out of date.|
> |Compiling seems broken in more than one way.*
> *|
>
> So Ben, when you say code has to also work on BSD, are you sure ANYONE
> with BSD is even using gambas?
> because installing it is not exactly a walk in the park.
> |*BruceS*|
> |**|

Mac OSX is a BSD, and I know some people told that they succeeded
compiling Gambas on it.

But when I told you about BSD, my words were not to be taken literally.

I wanted to point that you are using a specific Linux command, and that
it's not a good idea to base a component on it.

Moreover, I don't know exactly what you want to do with that component,
but if you have the same goal than Fabien, and/or if you aim at browsing
the disk units to show them to the user and allow him to mount/unmount
them, then you must look at DBus instead.

Benoît Minisini