[Gambas-user] gb.dwg started

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:18:27 CET 2020

Le 15/12/2020 à 11:10, Martin a écrit :
> ok, the component structure is already created, and I have copied and
> overwritten the files with the libredwg/gambas-bindings3 project [1]
> I am looking, as an example, at the gb.dbus component and in this there
> is a file called c_dbus.h in dwg I suppose its equivalent is c_dwg.h but
> both differ since they have considerable differences.
> In gb.dbus there is also a gambas project (a directory) called gb.dbus
> and this is what is missing in the dwg component, correct?
> Well, now the system does not have shrimp of any version installed,
> since I am going to install the development version with the component
> that I am trying to create. But to create the "gambas" part of the
> component I have to use gambas that doesn't exist in the system yet, so
> it looks like a uroboro.
>
> So, wich is the correct system setup in order to develop a component?
>
> What is the minimum I could do with c_dwg.h [2] ? and... how to do that?
>
> [1] https://github.com/LibreDWG/gambas3-bindings
>
> [2] https://github.com/LibreDWG/gambas3-bindings/blob/master/src/c_dwg.h
>
> Regards
>
> Martín Belmonte.

Having a gambas part in a component is only automatically managed
-inside- the Gambas source tree, as this management is done by the
autoconf configuration.

If you develop the component outside of Gambas source tree, you have to
mimic that autoconf configuration. As I told before, it's just having a
Gambas project having the same name as the component, and installing the
executable ("gb.dwg.gambas") in the same directory as the binary library
file ("/usr/lib/gambas3/gb.dwg.so").

Tobias told you to mimic the 'gb.gmp' component, because it's simpler. I
told you about 'gb.dbus' just for the mixing of library and Gambas
project. Otherwise 'gb.dbus' is too complex to understand by itself for
a start.

Benoît Minisini