[Gambas-user] Closing a Message!

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 23:01:01 CET 2020

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 at 19:32, Christof Thalhofer <chrisml at deganius.de>
wrote:

> Am 12.12.20 um 03:59 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>
> > How's about something simple like this in FMessage.class?
> >
> > *Public Sub txtMessage_DblClick()
> >
> >   Clipboard.Copy(txtMessage.**Text)
> >   txtMessage.Text = ("Text Coppied.")
> >   Wait 1
> >   txtMessage.Text = Clipboard.Paste()
> >
> > End*
>
> Actually it's quite funny. But nevertheless I would find it confusing
> and not intuitive. There are a number of well-known commands to copy to
> the clipboard like Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Insert.
>
> Double-click is not one of them. If someone copied something important
> and it was replaced by double clicking a message it would be annoying.
> By no means should it be default behavior in Gambas.
>
> I found the old behaviour the best and easiest: Highlight the text with
> the mouse and press Crtl-C.

Seems the TextLabel control does not do highlighting though :(
So an alternative behaviour could unavoidable.
You'd have to assume restoring the old behaviour was not such a simple task
or Ben would have done that.
I saw the commit you pointed to and saw he added a copy button but it seems
to be gone now.

you may have to adjust slightly, bend a little, change your instruction to
your subjects from
"drag-n-select the text, right click and select copy" to "double click the
text" ;)

I just noticed there is already a popup menu "copy text" item and function
set up in the message source.
But nothing has mnuPopup set as its menu.

It works but the shortcut key Ctrl+C does not.

Could that be enabled Ben?

BruceS