[Gambas-user] embedding url on wiki

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:44:27 CET 2020

May i be cheeky and suggest an edit?
> If you removed the prefix '$ ' from each line it will make it easier to
> simply copy and paste into a terminal.

Darn it, I apologise Ben, I have just today found that the $ is
"conventional" , $ used to denote running as normal user and # denotes run
as root. This i did not know till about an hour ago :-\
I much prefer to be able to copy-n-paste the text but I know you like to be
conventional so I retract the request and leave it up to you.

I have modified the Fedora page to include the new function for
fedora-latest.
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/fedora#t14

I had to rearrange things a bit though (like the install dependency list
was before the download source instruction so the ./reconf-all and
./configure commands were out of place) but i just moved the download
source info to before the install packages function.

What would make filling in the independent pages with the info easier would
be if there was a way to retrieve the dependency list with one function and
get the ./configure line with another.
But i don't want to trouble you so I can work around it if you're happy
with how it is.

All the best
BruceS.

Funny, as I exactly did the same thing at the same time inside the wiki!