[Gambas-user] gitlab-ci / archlinux poppler-splash error, and Fedora inclusion

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:58:43 CET 2020

Le 04/12/2020 à 14:17, Tony Morehen a écrit :
> I understand.  Poppler-glib's page renderer does return a raw image.
> Hopefully, there are no gotchas.  I seem to remember I couldn't find any
> index entries.  However, gb.poppler's simplified interface makes that
> irrelevant.

So...

Either you use 'poppler-splash', and you can render the page, but it
won't work in the new versions of poppler.

Either you use 'poppler-glib', and you have to render using Cairo, so
Cairo becomes a requested depency, even if you just want to draw the
page images with the QT library. (Same remark with 'poppler-qt5' and GTK+).

Or you can use 'poppler-cpp', but as that plugin is not finished, you
won't have any information on the actions associated with table of
contents items, making the table of contents useless.

As you can see, it's hard to make things worse! Is there a goal to make
poppler usable one day?

--
Benoît Minisini