[Gambas-user] Holidays again

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:42:58 CEST 2020

> In France, they say that the PCR tests have a 20% false positive, if
> they are done correctly. Anyway, it's very hard to have accurate
> information about these tests.

That would be completely useless, when the infection rate is around a few
percent. The signal would completely drown into the noise. No doctor would
order a test like that.
I suggest to look up some peer-reviewed reviews of the tests. Most I have
seen so far cite 5% false positive. IE, 95% specificity. Which is still in
the border of useless in most cases.
However, most recent review I found says "pooled specificities ranged from
96.6% to 99.7%".
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2516

Jussi