[Gambas-user] Holidays again

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Aug 30 09:20:20 CEST 2020

Am 29.08.20 um 14:15 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> I don't trust the French government and the official media *at all*.
>
> They lied from the beginning on everything, so I guess they lie now, and
> they will lie in the future.

In Germany there is a saying: "lies have short legs".

Of course someone will lie, but i don't think that everything is one big
lie. There's too much complexity in it to keep it consistent.

I look at what scientists say and i believe in the good in people, also
that politicians want the best, at least ours in Germany, at least most
of them. But it is always difficult to recognize the truth and do the
right thing in very complex situations. I do not want to be in the shoes
of those who have to make decisions now.

Since Covid-19 is a natural appearance and not a machine that is always
the same, it develops and changes over time and adapts to its new host -
us. Conversely, we are also in the phase of adapting, and for me this
phenomenon seems to be the reason why statements that were valid are
suddenly no longer true.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Yes, in France the cases seem to rise but not the deaths:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/

In Germany the new cases seem to rise also but not as far:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

Maybe we all adapt better now? Maybe we will see the deaths rising
later? Let's see what happens when the winter is coming.

Never trust one source:
http://www.dkriesel.com/corona

D Kriesel is a german statistician who gets his data from the John
Hopkins University:

https://data.humdata.org/dataset/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-cases

He got famous with his findings on Xerox copiers (very funny):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXmhxbQ-hk

:-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer