[Gambas-user] Problems with setting and using Connections in IDE

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:37:39 CEST 2020

On 4/25/20 2:33 AM, Bruce wrote:

> OK for SQLite I have traced it back to the naughty IDE changing the path to "~/..."!
> Then the IDE gets even naughtier by hiding that fact when the Connection properties form is opened again.
> Also, the Common module (in the gb.db.form component) tries to open the connection without expanding the path.
>
> @Benoit: This is two bugs, the first is a design flaw. If the coder sets the sqlite path to a fullyy qualified  path, then this
> is what should be used, if the coder wants to use a "~" path then this should be allowed in the IDE somehow and thus when a
> different user is trying to access that database it should be the one in that user's home dir. Secondly, (I think) that the
> gb.db.form Common module needs to expand the "~".
>
> Your problem with MySQL is soemthing else. All I can say is that it works fine with Postgres.

Thanks, Bruce.

I vaguely recalled that the 'Remember password' option in the Connection properties dialog needed to rely on the desktop
password manager. So, to see what would happen, I included the gb.desktop component in the project. Now I get only a warning in
the console (but no data in DataView):
gb.desktop: warning: password read from old KDE4 wallet. Just save your password again to use the KDE5 wallet.

(There shouldn't be any KDE4 wallet on my system.)

If I disable "Remember password", I get the same error as before. So, it appears that the Connection tool depends on gb.desktop
for that feature, yet there was no Message box saying so and I don't see that documented. Maybe I'm wrong.

--
Lee