[Gambas-user] Problems with setting and using Connections in IDE

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 08:33:15 CEST 2020

OK for SQLite I have traced it back to the naughty IDE changing the path
to "~/..."!
Then the IDE gets even naughtier by hiding that fact when the Connection
properties form is opened again.
Also, the Common module (in the gb.db.form component) tries to open the
connection without expanding the path.

@Benoit: This is two bugs, the first is a design flaw. If the coder sets
the sqlite path to a fullyy qualified  path, then this is what should be
used, if the coder wants to use a "~" path then this should be allowed
in the IDE somehow and thus when a different user is trying to access
that database it should be the one in that user's home dir. Secondly, (I
think) that the gb.db.form Common module needs to expand the "~".

Your problem with MySQL is soemthing else. All I can say is that it
works fine with Postgres.

hth
bruce