[Gambas-user] Gambas Mailing List Etiquette

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Apr 12 17:52:18 CEST 2020

Am 12.04.20 um 16:16 schrieb T Lee Davidson:

> Okay. Well then based on that, Christof, the thread was actually
> hijacked here:
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2020-April/068957.html

Uff .. no, I did not change the subject! But I should have written that
private, never thought it would turn out to be such a big deal.

> I don't see any way in Thunderbird to modify the header of a reply so
> as to strip the thread id. So, I guess one would have to copy 'n'
> paste to a new mail.

Yes. A reply links the mails together, the reply and the mail that was
replied to. If you don't want to do that, post a new one.

And it's not a Thunderbird thing and headers should not be stripped.
They are part of the e-mail protocol:

Hijacking a thread in a mailinglist is usually a mistake made out of
inexperience. Someone in reality wants to start a new thread but instead
answers to an already existing mail with a new subject.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur