[Gambas-user] web-component

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Tue Sep 24 08:25:09 CEST 2019

Am 23.09.19 um 20:56 schrieb T Lee Davidson:
> On 9/23/19 3:12 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>>> If you haven't already, you may wish to read "How To Get Gambas Web
>>> Started":
>>> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/getstartedwebgambas
>>>
> [snip]
>>
>> my goodness, was the page written by Google Translate?
>
> I wondered the same thing and also had difficulty understanding the
> intended meaning. Perhaps when I have more spare time, I will try to
> decipher some of it.
>
> You may already realize that the IDE can be used to create pages with
> the Web component. When a Web application is executed from the IDE, an
> internal web server is started and the system's default browser is
> launched. (Though on my system, it launches Konqueror for some strange
> reason.)

Wow, you are right, that runs like anything! Great work.

To give you an idea: This is an Ubuntu Mate 18.04 with Firefox, and yes,
Firefox opens another tab for the output and everything runs fine within
there.

Each time the timer runs, there is an error message:

gbx3: warning: cannot switch to language 'de.UTF-8': No such file or
directory. Did you install the corresponding locale packages?

Any idea what that means?

Regards
Rolf