[Gambas-user] Using GAMBAS for some Mp3 files space saving

Vinode Singh Ujlain ujlain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:16:43 CEST 2019

1. I had over the years accumulated a collection of ~168 GB MP3 on my 1
TB external HDD and was running out of space. /Isn't this is a common
occurrence with most of us ?/ 2. Today wrote a script in GAMBAS to get
rid of all MP3 tags & cover images. (Script basically looped through all
files by calling eyeD3 and id3convert at command line) Took me a while
to run the script over some ~17500 songs & do some regex based automated
file name cleaning , now the same MP3 collection occupies ~156 GB. 3.
The result is exciting : recovered *12 GB *space by getting rid of all
tags/cover images !!

Regards - UZI