[Gambas-user] Boxed string question

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Wed Sep 11 15:11:51 CEST 2019

Because of the "Syntax Sugar" string concatenation thing I would do it somewhat like this:

'==================================================
Private Function ProperCase(value As String) As String

  Dim O As Stream, Q As String

  O = Open String For Write

  Dim ss As String[] = Split(value, " ")

  For Each s As String In ss
    Print #O, String.UCaseFirst(s); " ";
  Next

  Q = Close #O

  Return RTrim(Q)

End

I second the call for a built in "ProperCase" function.

It would also be nice to have a set of calls back and forth between a ProperCase name and a DB safe name, i.e. all lower case with underscored separators.

HomeAddress <===> home_address

Ced