[Gambas-user] Gambas Dates

David Silverwood the_watchmann at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 09:17:00 CET 2019

 HI GianluigiLee's statement was directed at me using a textbox for dates. It actually works for me except when I try and retrieve a date from the SQLite database. I'm beginning to suspect that if I do not create the DB in Gambas then it is difficult to get it to work. My current database is ten years old and has 200k entries +. I originally created it in xbasic in 2008/2009 and even after using a datebox Gambas still doesn't read the date properly. However, if I create a new DB in Gambas and do all these things it works without a hitch. It doesn't make sense to me though since the date portion of the database in sqlite3 is still DATE and referred to as such in the DB. When I create the new DB using Gambas it just works, whether I load or retrieve, but when I go to my old DB then all the dates go awry. I'm definitely going to need some time to work through this.Thanks for that datadate source. It's helped a lot, AND also for helping me get the datebox back. Much appreciated.