[Gambas-user] Gambas webform, routing to another webform

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 16:43:30 CEST 2019

Le 23/05/2019 à 14:50, Matias De lellis a écrit :
> Hi Benoît, everyone,
>
> I was trying to make a small configuration fronted for a pagekite [1] relay.
> I use pagekite for tests, a while ago, but I need to make it more dynamic.
> Basically I need to manage the users that connect to the relay. With this
> commit [2] it's easy, but I want to do the fronted that manage it.
>
> Only need an CRUD with users, ports and secret key. It's easy .. No? ;)
>
> Well. The important thing is also that I need a simple login and control
> the routes. If it is logged, show the main fronted (on /relays), and if not,
> redirect to the login webform (on /login)
>
> Since this is a relatively new control, there are few examples (Practically
> only those who are with the source code). and I do not find any that shows
> how to redirect to another webform. :S
>
> In the original announcement[3], you said this:
>
>  > How to switch from one web form to another one is not designed yet. At
>  > the moment, the url 'http://<server>/<root>/abcd' is supposed to display
>  > the web form whose class name is 'abcd'. There is no way to have
>  > different instances of the same web form.
>
> But I could not make it work.. :(
>
> Delving into the code, I found that basically you deleted it[4], but I
> do not
> see how to replace it. You can guide me in what is the alternative to
> solve this.?
> A single example with a webButton that redirects to another webform,
> should be more than enough. :smiley:
>
> Of course, thank you very much ..
>
> Regards,
> Matias
>
> ..and p.s: Congratulations for your new stage as a self-employed
> company. =)
>
> [1]: https://pagekite.net/
> [2]:
> https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/commit/9b11980a43cbe9f0c4fc7f749188cb6266737600
> [3]: http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/New-gb-web-form-component-td54380.html
> [4]:
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/commit/ab231c0bda9ff2eff0764dd7dad9269e3c4123d4

WebForm.Startup is a property that allows to define the name of the web
application startup form.

By default, it's the project startup form, which should be your login form.

Then, in your login form, once your user is authenticated, you set the
WebForm.Startup property to the name of your real application startup form.

Benoît Minisini