[Gambas-user] Missing TableView documentation

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 12:04:37 CEST 2019

You're not wrong, Narelle! (Excuse aussie slang). Many times I am lost
trying to remember the component that has a particular class (control
for instance) in it.
I have an app that lets me browse all the native and local classes that
are controls, i.e. inherit from control, userControl, container,
userContainer etc (that etc is gunna getya!) At least that way I can
find which component has a particular control.
But I dont have one for any class in any component or library. Maybe one
day when I'm not busy (haha) I may get to it.

By way of explanation, not only the native gambas we have more than
dozens of custom components and local libraries on our local dev
machine. Some go back more than (some more than I'd like to recall)
years. Some times you'll see messages from me with "I'm sure I have done
this before?" in it.

Here's a perfect example. We very commonly have a situation where we
have a gridview containing date based data. The normally displayed data
may be "today's", "this weeks", "last weeks" etc etc etc. Now I am sure
that somewhere in the last century I wrote a control that provided a
filter "clause" for the data in the grid. I am damn sure that I did.
However, the three of us are currently writing filter panels for a
couple of dozen programs that analyze date based data. I wish I could
find that component/class/project!

So for our stuff and the native stuff, it's getting difficult to find
the "thing".

:-) Could be worse! Consider the poor python folks, how many libraries
do they have to know off by heart!