[Gambas-user] Proper Class Member Type Names

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:34:32 CEST 2019

On Tue, 07 May 2019, Cedron Dawg wrote:
> From the class member data in the info files, there is a type parameter with the following codes:
>
> :   1001
> C   4616
> M   1926
> P   417
> R   776
> V   49
> m   6217
> p   3995
> r   2079
> v   609
>
> The numbers are the counts of occurrences I found.  I'd like to find or make a list of the correct names for each.

The bulk of these is found by reversing the C macros which generate the
structs from which the .info files are generated (cf. gambas.h). That's
not an obvious place to look at, but they do use the same letters:

  : | Event
  C | Const
  M | Static Sub (method)
  P | Static Property
  R | Static Property Read
  m | Sub (method)
  p | Property
  r | Property Read

You'll also find "M!" for a Fast Sub and possibly # is used for Enums?
I'm not sure if they are exported like that into .info files. What the
C components can't explain are V and v which are almost surely

  V | Static variable
  v | Varible

> "There are a thousand and one events in Gambas ...."

Very good :-)

Regards,
Tobi