[Gambas-user] Wiki Database

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sat May 4 06:38:39 CEST 2019

Hi Tobi,

Thanks so much.  It took three tries, but I got it.  This is going to take some looking at.

I've also been examining the source tree and I may be best off scanning the source.

For C based components, these sections should give me the info I want:

==============================
GB_DESC ComplexDesc[] =
{
	GB_DECLARE("Complex", sizeof(CCOMPLEX)),

	// Utility Methods
	GB_METHOD("_new", NULL, Complex_new, "[(Real)f(Imag)f]"),
	GB_STATIC_METHOD("_call", "Complex", Complex_call, "[(Real)f(Imag)f]"),
	GB_STATIC_METHOD("Polar", "Complex", Complex_Polar, "[(Abs)f(Arg)f]"),

	GB_METHOD("Copy", "Complex", Complex_Copy, NULL),
	GB_METHOD("ToString", "s", Complex_ToString, "[(Local)b]"),

	GB_METHOD("Conj", "Complex", Complex_Conjugate, NULL),
	//GB_METHOD("Neg", "Complex", Complex_Negative, NULL),
	GB_METHOD("Inv", "Complex", Complex_Inverse, NULL),
	//GB_METHOD("Set", NULL, Complex_Set, "[(Real)f(Imag)f]"),

==============================

I also found gb.(name).component files which sometimes have names (and alternative language names), authors, state, dependencies etc.

There are .component files as well.

gambas-master/gb.*/.src  ===> gb.(name).component and C classes

gambas-master/comp/src/gb.*  ===> .component and .src has classes

gambas-master/main/lib/(name)  ===> gb.(name).component and C classes

Will those give me full coverage of the components?

(Still on the learning curve here.)

As for the .info file, that is quite a puzzle.  Is the wiki script you are talking about in?

gambas-master/app/src/gambas-wiki

Thanks,

Ced