[Gambas-user] Wiki Database

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sat May 4 05:49:11 CEST 2019

On Fri, 03 May 2019, Cedron Dawg wrote:
> Okay, somewhere there is a database behind the Wiki pages.  I'm wanting some data from there and I'd rather not write a web crawler.
>
> Can I get a schema report for the DB?

The source code of the wiki is in app/src/gambas-wiki. It seems like the
pages are stored in a flat-file database. While that is a database in some
sense, you maybe had something else in mind when you asked for a schema.

In any case, you can download the database from http://gambaswiki.org/gambas-wiki.tar.bz2

> Looking for This:
>
> Components
>    1
> Classes
>    1
> Members
>
> and
>
> Keywords

All of that is stored in a purer form inside the components' .info files.
These are text files whose format everyone has to reverse-engineer them-
selves. At least I'm not aware of anybody writing down a specification.

They are generated during installation of components, so you only have files
for components you have installed, and they are put into /usr/share/gambas3/info
by default. The wiki script uses those files and naturally includes a parser
for them. [ You know you're in less developed terrain if source code comments
suddenly start being in French :-) ]

Regards,
Tobi