[Gambas-user] Better use of prefixes

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sun Mar 17 15:40:21 CET 2019

I think so too.  So far I haven't seen any counter-argument beyond "I like it, my pappy did it that way, and his pappy did it that way, and his pappy before that.  If it is good enough for them, it's good enough for me."

The "arg" convention comes from C of course:  int main( int argc, char* argv[] )

Rather than introduce the confusion issues that Lee mentioned, may I suggest you do something in line with the current approach and perhaps just double up a dollar sign or perhaps "$_" for your argument variables.  Using "$" as a prefix is already a precedent for locus specification, adding another member would serve the same purpose without introducing a hybrid approach.