[Gambas-user] Working with .so library

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Wed Jun 26 20:09:11 CEST 2019

You're welcome.  You may also want to study the examples found in these posts:

Shared Library: FFTW Wrapper
https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=689

Calling FORTRAN Shared Libraries from Gambas
https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=683

The first is a wrapper library around another C based library so all the C specific stuff is more easily handled in C than Gambas.  The second shows the difference in how a pass by reference language handles arguments than a pass by value one demonstrating what I was talking about earlier.

If your library is returning UTF-8 you should be fine, if not, I'm afraid I can't help any further.

P.S.  The cool thing is you can open the library source code in the Gambas IDE, edit it, and when you press the run button it will automatically recompile so you can work on your calling program and library at the same time with the same editor and test environment.