[Gambas-user] About qt, a little issue

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Mon Jun 17 16:18:07 CEST 2019

I just upgraded from Mint 17 to 19, Mate, on a different box, and have encountered a slew of annoyances as well.

* The slide switches in the projects settings don't show unless they are in the off positions.

* Scroll Bar sliders are nearly invisible unless I set a garish background color

* The IDE looks pale and awful

* Non-Gambas, many applications don't adhere to the defined window borders

It took me almost a whole day to reinstall what I tend to use and fix all the upgrade breaks (The Samba fix was hardest to find.)  Nor do I think any of the styling changes are an improvement.

Yep, I'm an old fuddy duddy trailing edge denizen.  Unapologetically so.  So, staying consumer level (i.e. use PPA to install, no compiling), is there anything I can do to resolve these peculiarities in the Gambas IDE/programs in Mint 19?  Selecting Gtk for projects didn't help.

Ced