[Gambas-user] Unit Test status?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Jun 13 13:30:20 CEST 2019

Hello,

Am 13.06.19 um 04:40 schrieb Yeshua Rodas:

> You'll see, I'm developing a component for Gambas and I'm not sure how
> to test my code.
> I found some threads about the `gb.test` component, but I realize that
> is actually only in the homonym branch and has about a year without
> movement. Also, there is `gb.deg.unittest` with similar inactivity time.
>
> So, what's the best current way to do tests on Gambas?
> My current approach is a console app that requires my project on
> development and write calls and prints, but this is nothing elegant, so
> please, give to me some guidelines.

gb.deg.unittest is stopped but in the develop branch there is
gb.test which is the last state of my work:

https://gitlab.com/christhal/gb.deg.unittest/tree/develop

With that I am testing all my work in my firm. It has no fancy GUI
output any more but prints out TAP to the console as we discussed about
one or two years ago here in the ML.

I would recommend this for testing, I use it all day long and it works
well. It is the only project I know that is able to test any Gambas project.

But: If you test any project with it, before deployment of your project
I recommend that you remove

"Component=deg.gb.test"

out of the .project file. With my projects I do this in a makefile.

For the future of gb.test:

The last state of the discussion between Tobi and me was (as I
remember), that it should replace the current gb.test in the Gambas3
sources.

The IDE should afterwards provide a way to execute tests.

Also a fancy GUI interface should be written to count, measure, display
test results.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--