[Gambas-user] gb.joystick (and Where is my gbh3?)

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Mon Feb 25 17:46:14 CET 2019

Here is my console evdev demonstation .c program.  It is not exhaustive of evdev capability, but enough to run my game, once incorporated.

Actually, I am considering writing an library .h reader that will write starter gb.component code.  Of course, I'll do it in Gambas.

Enjoy,

Ced

I don't know how evdev works. But it's usually opening a device file,
ioctl() on it, watching it. Opening and watching is already implemented
in Gambas. But not ioctl() that are device-specific.

Doing ioctl() in Gambas will anyway be boring, as you have to define all
the ioctl specific constants by hand.

But maybe a program could be written that would parse the kernel headers
to generate the constant definitions in Gambas...

> Can I assume you have a strong preference for components to be
> written in Gambas?

No, because it is usually harder with Gambas to deal with C structures
used by system calls. I told that only for people who are afraid to make
a component in C following the badly documented Gambas interpreter
interface.

--
Benoît Minisini