[Gambas-user] ComboBox source code?

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:10:02 CET 2019

Le 05/02/2019 à 20:51, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 2/4/19 7:57 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 05/02/2019 à 00:26, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>>> Does anyone know where the source code for the ComboBox control is?
>>> All I can find is MyComboBox.class which does not appear to be the
>>> full code for that control.
>>>

>>> ___
>>> Lee
>>>

>> ComboBox is a native control. The source code is in the toolkit
>> library (Qt or GTK+) and in the component source code.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> I found no ComboBox file in gambas/tree/master/gb.qt4/src nor in
> /gambas/tree/master/comp/src/gb.gui.base.
>
> After searching through 251 of 367 blobs for "combobox", I discovered
> that ComboBox is defined, at least in part, in CTextBox.cpp.
> Unfortunately for me, that's not something I would have intuitively known.
>
> I still did not find any code for ComboBox in /gambas/tree/master/comp,
> nor even for TextBox, after going through all 367 blobs.
>
> I did, however, find confirmation of my suspicion in
> comp/src/gb.report/.src/Preview/FOptions.class. I can now correct the
> Wiki with the confidence that I won't be misleading people with false
> information.
>
> Thanks. My question has been answered.
>

> ___
> Lee

I don't understand what you are talking about your "suspicions". As you
didn't explain what you were searching exactly, I couldn't give you more
details.

The source code of the ComboBox control is in the QT toolkit source
code. What you find in the gb.qt4 source code is just the wrapper. And
as ComboBox is sometimes a TextBox, its wrapper source code in the same
source code file as the TextBox wrapper.

Benoît Minisini