[Gambas-user] ComboBox source code?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:51:56 CET 2019

On 2/4/19 7:57 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 05/02/2019 à 00:26, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>> Does anyone know where the source code for the ComboBox control is? All I can find is MyComboBox.class which does not appear
>> to be the full code for that control.
>>

>> ___
>> Lee
>>

> ComboBox is a native control. The source code is in the toolkit library (Qt or GTK+) and in the component source code.
>
> Regards,

I found no ComboBox file in gambas/tree/master/gb.qt4/src nor in /gambas/tree/master/comp/src/gb.gui.base.

After searching through 251 of 367 blobs for "combobox", I discovered that ComboBox is defined, at least in part, in
CTextBox.cpp. Unfortunately for me, that's not something I would have intuitively known.

I still did not find any code for ComboBox in /gambas/tree/master/comp, nor even for TextBox, after going through all 367 blobs.

I did, however, find confirmation of my suspicion in comp/src/gb.report/.src/Preview/FOptions.class. I can now correct the Wiki
with the confidence that I won't be misleading people with false information.

Thanks. My question has been answered.

___
Lee